City sightseeing in Leipzig
A city centre full of sights
In the centre of Leipzig you can see a lot of ancient buildings, monuments and sights, which all can easy be reached on a sightseeing walk.
Just a small selection of sights worth to be seen:
- the market square with the ancient town hall
- the 'Naschmarkt' with the ancient trade market
- Katharinen street
- St. Thomas and St. Nicholas Church
- Augustus square with the 'Gewandhaus' concert hall
- the opera house and the new building of the university
And not to forget the many arcades in Leipzig like the 'Mädlerpassage' with Auerbach's Cellar, the 'Strohsackpassage' or the arcades in Speck's courtyard.
At the end of your sightseeing tour you can enjoy the panoramic view of Leipzig seen from the top of the high-rise building at the Augustus square 'Uniriese'.